Tuesday, June 20, 2017

When You Need More Energy – Naturally

Sometimes we need more energy to do a particular task. This week I needed more energy when I got the call from my granddaughter that she was in labor around 11 p.m. So as her Doula, instead of preparing for bed, I prepared to go to the midwives’ clinic where we were meeting for the birth. So I had to switch gears and rev up my energy instead of preparing for a quiet night’s sleep.
So how can we get that extra boost naturally?
Many people turn to drinks like coffee and Red Bull type energy drinks. But these are not natural and overall are not healthy for you.
I am going to share what I did to get through the night without any sleep and to have enough energy to be there for my granddaughter as she went through the birthing process.
The first thing I did was get a few water bottles filled up with purified water. Enough for her and me. Then I grabbed a can of Performance. This is an electrolyte balancing powder that prevents dehydration. It bypasses the stomach and contains three types of carbohydrates for energy and stamina. This was added to the water. It was especially important for her as she needed that extra energy between contractions.
I took a bag of Shaklee Energy Chews to pass around to all of us at the birth. I gave extra to the father of the baby as he had to go to work the next day. Each chew contains a scientific blend of caffeine from natural green tea extract associated with energy and performance, plus key amino acids  L-tyrosine, L-theanine associated with mental alertness and focus, energy-releasing B vitamins and vitamins D and C. So each chew boosts your energy naturally.
I also packed a bottle of B Complex. The B Complex promotes cellular energy production and converts food into energy for your cells. This Shaklee B has a unique folic acid coating that makes the nutrient more accessible to promote absorption. So the B Complex was available all night to give an extra boost when needed. Since B’s are water soluble, we could just take them without food.
Speaking of food, when you want to stay awake all night, you don’t want to eat foods heavy in carbohydrates, like those found in sugary drinks, cookies, and processed foods. They provide a fast boost of energy by spiking your blood sugar and then dropping it quickly, followed by a crash. So it best to stay away from those if you want to keep your energy up.
I also brought some 180 Energizing Teas sticks. They are a safe and natural way to get a quick pick-me-up.  They contain an exclusive blend of antioxidant-rich green, white and red teas, as well as taurine, which naturally boosts your energy and enhances alertness. Since they are in a powder form and can be added to cold water, that is how we drank it during the night.
The last item in my bag of goodies was Stress Relief Complex.  The Stress Relief Complex formula contains ashwagandha, a traditional adaptogenic herb used to help the body adapt to heightened stress. Adaptogens help your entire body gently cope with stress, anxiety, and, of course, fatigue.
So we all went through the night with great energy, thanks to my bag of natural goodies. My granddaughter gave birth to a healthy baby boy (featured in the picture when 2 hours old) completely naturally. Natural birth and natural energy aids, what more could you ask for.
To your good health!
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment